Non-profit organizations are often torn between the need to produce high quality documentation for internal and public use, and adhering to budget constraints. To add to the complexity, it can be nearly impossible to determine the true cost of printing for non-profits, with the number of devices spread throughout the organization, lack of dedicated IT personnel, and purchasing through a variety of vendors. A Managed Print Services (MFP) provider can help with processes designed to increase efficiency, streamline workflow and reduce print costs specifically for non-profits.
Common Organizational Challenges
Due to their unique nature and structure, non-profits face a number of unique challenges, including:
• Limited cost control. Buying from multiple vendors, choosing equipment based on price alone, and devices spread across a number of departments, makes it difficult to keep control over costs.
• Data security. Information pertaining to your organization and its members may be at risk in the absence of adequate security measures, or software.
• Unreliable budgeting. Unpredictable, ever-changing budgets are common in the non-profit sector, and it can be challenging to meet the high demands for print.
• Challenges with funding. Cutbacks are common, and budgets may need to be continuously reworked to accommodate print.
• Outdated technology. Underutilized or outdated technology may cause issues with data security and prevent you from making the most of your print fleet.
The Benefits of MPS
In addition to helping control print expenses, an MPS provider can offer a number of other significant benefits, including:
• Helping to manage and configure new and existing equipment to make them more efficient and user friendly.
• Reductions in print costs, of an average of 30 percent.
• Assisting with the conversion of hardcopy documents to digital. Utilizing cloud technology helps to increase security, accessibility and workflow.
• Ease the processes of billing, […]